Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

The 1000th Post!!! #Celebrate!!!


It took just about 3 years but two minutes sport has hit 1000 posts!! Over that time, this blogger has seen the popularity slowly rise and gain following among devoted sports followers in NZ and around the world.

There have been ups and downs but all in all it has been a pretty good journey that started as a compliment to my weekly 2 Minutes Sport video updates. Those video updates are no longer as frequent as they were due to changes in relationship status but the blog has kept going and has kept going strong fuelled by the popularity of the unofficial player/fan pages on facebook.

It has been a pleasure sharing my passion for all types of sport including tiddlywinks and darts - something which wasn't in at first when the blog was all about real sport until people convinced me that darts was actually a real sport. It has also been highly enjoyable being able to put my views, thoughts and ideas about the big sports stories and games into a format that can be shared by others rather than leave it to simmer in my wee little self.

I hope to continue blogging even in married life - I think married life isn't an excuse to stop following what you're passionate about - and hope to bring up another 1000 blogs (and maybe google adsense will finally pay me enough to quit my job)

Anyway here's a look back at the first 1000 posts of this blog! Firstly, my 10 most memorable articles -

NFL player gifts cheerleader girlfriend game ball - November 14, 2011

My most visited blog post - the day Sarah Clarke died and Liverpool ditched Adidas - January 20, 2012

Hottest female athletes out there (you have to remember I was still very much single when I wrote this!) - January 30, 2012

Sports films that made my list for the right (and wrong) reasons - February 5, 2012

The best cricket commentators on the airwaves - March 16, 2012

Best April Fools Joke? - April 1, 2012

The spoilt brat who got Eden Hazard sent off  - January 25, 2013

Could this be the British Lions that tour NZ in 2017? - June 10, 2013

The day Jack Bauer fell off (his bike) - July 20, 2013 (not so many visits but this was the only page at the time updating on Kiwi cyclist and good mate of mine, Jack Bauer's fall on the penultimate stage of the Tour de France)

Worst Tanty Ever Thrown At A Game? - December, 1, 2013

And here are 5 of my favourite 2 Minutes sports videos -









(2 Minutes done in Europe!!!)



Finally a couple of words on a special 2 Minutes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment