Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Who's Your Favourite - Footballer?

A new segment this.. This week who's your favourite footballer - doesn't have to be from a team you support. Just someone you absolutely admire and love watching at the moment..

For me...

Well there's quite a few candidates. I think Lionel Messi would certainly be everyone's favourite at the moment - is there anything this guy cannot do? He just keeps scoring and scoring for Barcelona.

I admire Cristiano Ronaldo as a footballer but he's definitely not my favourite. I did admire Andrei Arshavin once when he couldn't stop scoring against Liverpool - although he hasn't quite lived up to the hype in my opinion..

I'm going to go for someone a bit left-field here..

David Silva
















I absolutely loathe either Manchester club but don't loathe City as much - partly because they aren't United and partly because they have David Silva who is an absolute joy to watch on the field. His passing is absolutely immaculate and graceful. He reminds me a bit of Johann Cruyff. He could have been a ballet dancer in another lifetime.

The fact that he doesn't quite feature for Spain is not down to any fault on his part but rather more down to the fact, there's Barcelona's wonderful duo of Andres Iniesta and Cesc Fabregas who could play his creative midfield/playmaker position.

Others I thought of -
- Angel di Maria, Real Madrid's very underrated winger.
- Luis Suarez, well, enough has been said about his awesomeness.







No comments:

Post a Comment