Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2011 In Review: My Gym Programme

2011 was yet another successful year for this avid member of Les Mills gyms in Wellington. The result: a very sore body that needs a break for 4-5 weeks. I probably won't be back at the gym till the last week of January.

The year started with a goal to bench 100kg. I comfortably hit it and was starting to bench 110kg towards the end of 2011.




And after years of looking them down, I even started doing classes at the gym. I started doing BodyCombat classes at Les Mills and it turns out I liked them.

Ok yes there was a girl involved. Quite a hot one actually. Probably the hottest girl I've ever seen at the gym.

Anyway, coordination and fitness wise BodyCombat is a boon. And a killer too. A friend told me that 5 weeks in a row of BodyCombat classes is absolutely brutal - I must admit it was a bit like my Ashes cricket series and I think I came out on top in 3 of those sessions. It probably also doesn't help doing weights and mountain biking the day before.

Lesson learnt.

Anyway here are my stats for 2011 showing the max weight, and weight I started the year at -


Arms/Chest - 
Bench press - 110kg, 80kg
Bench bells - 25kg, 17.5kg
Fly deltoid bells - 17.5kg, 15kg
Incline (low) - 80kg, 60kg
Fly deltoid - 170kg, 150kg
Rear deltoid - 110kg, 100kg
Low row - 80kg, 60kg
Bicep curls - 120kg
Wrist curls - 100kg

Legs -
Rear squats - 90kg, 40kg
Deadlifts - 70kg, 60kg
Leg press - 140kg


Plus Abs 


Classes - 5 x BodyCombat, 1 x RPM

Anyway, I'll probably be back at the gym last week of January, first week of February. I may kick off with BodyCombat before hitting into the weights later. I feel my fitness could still be improved. I do have 2 free RPM classes up my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment