Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Birthday Special!

Yes, I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but it is my birthday on today, the 23rd of April.

Naturally, I wonder which famous people I share a birthday with. Quite a few actually! Here they are..


Undoubtedly the most famous person, I share a birthday with is that great poet and writer, William Shakespeare (born 1564, died 1616).

The most famous New Zealander I share a birthday with is the legendary crime writer and director, Dame Ngaio Marsh (born 1895, died 1982) - mind you there are a few question marks over her actual birth date.

Shirley Temple (born 1928) is probably one of the world's most famous child actress and was the Dakota Fanning or Saoirse Ronan of the 1930s. After retiring from films in her 20s, she became one of her country's ambassador and a well-known philantrophist.
 

You'll recognise Dev Patel (born 1990) from the hit TV show, Skins and the hit Academy Award winning film, Slumdog Millionaire.


But as this is a sports blog, we must have our sportspersons.. And I must say I'm quite pleased I share my birthday with these stars..

Daniela Hantuchova (b 1983), tennis star










Nicole Vaidisova (b 1989), former tennis star









Maybe not so much with this Everton star..

Victor Anichebe (b 1988)

Just kidding, Victor, well done on that 4-all draw at Old Trafford by the way.. It gives me something to look forward to in the Premier League given that Liverpool are nowhere in the league and Wolves got relegated.

Oh yes and Happy St George's Day to all you Englishmen out there!

1 comment: